Monday, June 28, 2010

A LETTER TO MY SAVIOUR

Grace Redefined,
Mercy Street,
Lagos.

My Lord God & Master,
Throne Room,
Heaven Headquarters.

Dear Lord,

WORDS FROM MY HEART

I Know I’ve been empty for so long. I know I was once on the right track but I lost my way. I gave in to the desires of my flesh, in search of something I had all along.

My desire for love and affection led me to make the wrongest mistakes- things that eat me up inside each time I remember them; one sin leading to another all in a bid to cover up. I put on a plastic face each time I was in a gathering of ‘perfect people’ or ‘church people’, I should call them. Everyone thought I was perfect, everyone except me, those who led me on and you.

I thought I was never going to be able to come out, I thought I was never going to be able to make amends. I thought I was going to keep on crying myself to sleep. I was constantly tortured of how I had made nothing of my values; and of course, let myself and you down as well.

So I kept on with my empty life; like a drifter, moving from one place to another, void of any feelings whatsoever.My life was empty and so may grounds in it lay fallow. I had lost all hope until. . .

You saved me! When I least expected it, you came for me and brought me out of the miry clay. You cleansed me and put your garment of purity on me. You taught me how I ought to live. You told me the changes I had to make. You said “Sow for yourself in righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek me until I come and shower righteousness on you”

So I said goodbye to my old life, the way I used to live, the people I used to live it with. It was hard; I thought I couldn’t make it without them. But you O lord had thought me that all the love and attention I needed lay with you.

I made changes in my life, every area I had left to be run by the devil, I handed over to you. I meditated on your word and spent quality time with you, receiving insight each time on how I was to live my life. My old life was gone; my new life begun. I became a vessel unto your honour and an instrument of your peace. And in return, you gave me more blessings than I could imagine. You filled my mouth with singing and my heart with joy. You used me as an instrument to bless others as well.

Oh God my Saviour, I’m so lucky to have you. My life was once empty lying fallow, but you came and made it evergreen.

Thank you for your love. Thank you for care. Help me to keep my life ever-green, the sowing constant, the reaping timely and the harvest continuous. Let the rain of your righteousness keep falling on me, that I may be acceptable in your sight.

Till I write to you again, keep being you and help me be better than I am.

P.s. I love you lots!

. . . Your child


©‎ 5th ‎April,2009

3 comments:

  1. wow!! This is beautiful! He can't but be a proud Father of a humble and grateful daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It touches. It speaks.

    Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats God! he takes pleasure in broken things. keep ur walk.

    ReplyDelete