Saturday, June 12, 2010

Ode to IMNUB (February 15th 1983- September 6th 2009)



Sometimes I wonder why certain things happen
I try long and hard, but I cannot quite get the reason
Some people desire better, deserve better and are wished better
But instead they get less or even nothing
Like an early grave, a brutal death
They could have only wished for a bright future
The fulfilment of their greatest dreams
But how can they fulfil any of them from an early grave?

When u lose someone you care about
It’s hard for you to let go
You cry and blame God everyday
And just quite understand why he,
Who has all the powers over the heavens and the earth,
Couldn’t just take a quarter of a second,
Just a little effort to save him/ her?

But the ways of God are not to be questioned or even understood
For he will have mercy on who he will have mercy
And compassion on whom he will show compassion

One thing am I sure of now,
Life is temporal
One minute you’re here, and the next minute you’re gone
I have to ensure that my life has meaning,
If not I’ll be full of regrets when I’m gone

The pleasures we desire on earth are all useless
We should all be storing up our treasures in heaven;
Instead of fighting and scheming for those on earth,
Our only thought should be on securing a first-class visa to the City of God
Where he has massive mansions for all who would accept him and do his will

I for one want to live for this God, be used and directed by him;
So that one day, I may enter into the perfect rest he has made available for me

Will you?

I’m sure you have a friend pleading with you to drop all the crap you’re into and follow Christ,
But your constant reply is “God and I are cool; don’t worry, I’ll do that later, not now”
How do you know there’s a later? Or when it is?
For some people, it’s in their sleep, others in the bath tub/ shower, when they are walking on the road, driving, in a bus, or on that bike?
For some its stray bullets; for others it’s a simple sickness like a headache that takes away

How do you know, when your later will be?

Don’t keep for later, what you can get done today
Allow Christ in, to dine and remain with you
Surrender your all to him
And let him rule your world. . .
It’s a decision you’ll never regret

Step1: acknowledge that you’re a sinner and confess your sins to God
Step 2: State that you believe Jesus died for your sins on the cross and offers you eternal life
Step 3: Accept Jesus as your personal lord and Saviour, invite him in, and let him cleanse you of all he considers filth within you
Step 4: Maintain a constant prayer/worship& praise life and never forsake the fellowship of brethren- attend a bible-believing church, pay your tithes. . .
The Holy Spirit will reveal the rest to you!
God bless you!

Whenever our time comes, we must be ready to move on
So why don’t you start asking God to show you what he will have you do?
So you don’t leave this earth without doing any

Lord I pray that you reveal your will and desires to me that I may fulfil them (Amen)

Life is solitary, brutish and short . . . Thomas Hobbes
C’est la vie!
Make the best of it . . .

And so Olubunmi Gboyega Onanubi, you will be greatly missed and cherished . . .
May your gentle soul rest in perfect peace
Even if it was taken from you by force!


Loads of love. . .

Lola

©September 7th 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment